Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery Life

Thanks
    i have tested on Eden, Beast 2.1.4 and Beast 2.2.1 - all are at flat 4 hrs... it is very pathetic..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m.adam View Post
    i have tested on Eden, Beast 2.1.4 and Beast 2.2.1 - all are at flat 4 hrs... it is very pathetic..
    I must be a fortunate one, I'm getting 9-10 hours now, before I got in about a full day of work on it but now it lasts longer than that, and it seems to be getting better for me. Running beast 2.2 rom.
    Learning through Trial and Error, or just being lazy and looking it up.

Thanks
    See this thread on conclave. Adam's standby only 24hrs! and its official!!
    http://conclave.notionink.com/showth...it-is-official)

Thanks
    This Endgadget review has a nice table comparing battery life for several tablets:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/27/n...k-adam-review/

I have not really "tested" battery life on my Adam, but it seems that I get 7 or 8 hours of moderate use (games, browsing, backlight at 60% or so.)

I did read a Tom Clancy novel on it, and I was able to read most of the day without going below 30% on the battery. I tend to read in 14 hour blocks. I did run with the backlight on, but very low. The PiQi was a little too dark indoors.

I am also certain getting rid of the cell standby increased battery life. Also seems like I do better with a fixed brightness instead of using the auto setting.

Hope that helps,

Gator
    If it aint broke, hit it harder

Regular
    Thanks
    I agree that latest upgrade has helped battery Eden X 2.4.0, probably with the cell standby (although I did use an aeroplane mode app before).

I'm surprised at the 24 hours thing. I had my Adam on today with very light use for 10.5 hours. Usage was read on train for 1 hour and listened to a 30 min podcast. But I accidentally left the bluetooth on the entire time, and battery was still 68% when I got home. So that indicates 30+ hours are easily possible unless battery drops a lot quicker at the end.

To be honest, if I was going to not use my Adam for a day I'd switch it off, reboot times are hardly murder.

Thanks

Lightbulb

PixelQi 3G model running the latest stock software.
    My results for constant use are:

Full screen brightness: 4-5 hours
    50% screen brightness: 6-7 hours
    Lowest screen brightness: 8-9 hours

Thanks
    Battery LIFE is not what I find so deeply disappointing. What is absolutely INEXCUSABLE as far as I am concerned is that they were ADVERTISED to be "user replaceable" (with no mention of needing a degree in EE, a soldering iron, Fluke tester and screwdriver). I was looking forward to purchasing additional sets so I could keep charged swappable batteries on hand for the sort of extended power failures that occur during Hurricane Season!
    Nexus One (still my favorite mini-tablet), Adam PixelQi+3g (gone to a new home)... HTC Sensation (waiting for CM7), Nook Touch, LG g-slate

Thanks
    The more I read this thread, the more I believe that there WERE two types of batteries used.

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatrice View Post
    Battery LIFE is not what I find so deeply disappointing. What is absolutely INEXCUSABLE as far as I am concerned is that they were ADVERTISED to be "user replaceable" (with no mention of needing a degree in EE, a soldering iron, Fluke tester and screwdriver). I was looking forward to purchasing additional sets so I could keep charged swappable batteries on hand for the sort of extended power failures that occur during Hurricane Season!
    Where was that advertised? When I ordered (PO2) they didn't say anything like that on the specs, but was one of those that intended to follow PO1 but not be part of it was it part of the specs then?
    http://www.notionink.com/techspecs.php

Thanks
    I don't remember specifically where or when user replaceable batteries were discussed, (or officially omitted) but it was one of the often mentioned "bragging" points used to distinguish it from sealed iDevices... perhaps it got lost along with the matte screen and the rear trackpad and the weather app...

(If you dig around in the NIH archives when the first FCC and/or NIH teardown photos were posted you may find the first discovery/complaints about the replaceable battery bait 'n switch.)
    Nexus One (still my favorite mini-tablet), Adam PixelQi+3g (gone to a new home)... HTC Sensation (waiting for CM7), Nook Touch, LG g-slate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads