Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My Defective Adam

Thanks

My Defective Adam

So, it's really poor quality, but here's the video of my notion ink adam dying (round 4:27). The opening is me showing that it's fully charged and everything is within limits. Then I'm just fooling around until it quits on me. I made this video because, after I explained to Notion Ink what was going on they asked me to send them a video of the adam malfunctioning. I've purchased a lot of electronics and I've had a few bail on me, but I've never had a company ask me to send them a video of it failing. That's excessive, right?
    http://www.facebook.com/v/560113781980

Thanks
    Here are the series of emails. You may not care, and I know I got a little douchie at the end, but come on man! I've been put through the ringer since I ordered. I was one of the people that got delayed a bagillion times. So, for your reading pleasure:

Me: I think my adam has a bad battery. It holds a charge, but when I'm running on battery mode it will just shut off. I can't turn it back on until I plug it back in, and after that I have to reset the date and time. I am not overclocked and this happens regardless what ROM I'm running. I use the stock charger that came with the adam (no car charger). Can you please advise? Thank you.

Them:
    Dear Sir,

Greetings! This is Jim from Notion Ink Support team and I would be happy to assist you.

I apologize for the delayed response. We suggest that you try conditioning your battery. To do this, kindly discharge the battery until it no longer turns on. Then, kindly charge your Adam for at least 12 hours and discharge completely again. Repeating this procedure will condition your battery and you should notice an improvement in battery life.

You may also go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Running. You can view the running applications there. If not used, you can tap on them and stop one by one. Check the battery life after this.

Thank you for contacting Notion Ink Support team!

Warm Regards
    Jim
    Notion Ink Support Team

ME:
    I wasn't complaining about how long the battery lasts. This happens even when the battery is fully charged. The Adam will just power off, time and date will reset, almost as if there was a power surge, even though the Adam wasn't plugged in. Can you please respond to the actual question, not just general battery life advice? I have a serious hardware problem!

Them:
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I am sorry for the frustration this issue have caused. I would recommend you to flash your Adam at the moment. Please refer the links below for the detailed information to install the NV Flash update on the Adam:

NV Flash Update - Linux

NV Flash Update - Windows

Warm Regards
    Jim
    Notion Ink Support Team

Me:
    Still having the same problem. It's not software, it's hardware.

Me (again):
    Is anyone there?

Them:
    Dear Sir,

Welcome back to Notion Ink Support team.

I apologize for the delayed response. I request you to provide us the video which explains the exact issue so that we can look into it for you.

Please be assure that we'll do our best to fix the issue at the earliest.

Me:
    The video?!?! What are you talking about?
    Let me say this as clearly as possible: I'm using the adam, it's not plugged in, and randomly it will make a loud pop and shut off. After rebooting, the date and time have reset. You don't need a video to understand what's happening. I have a defective adam.

Them:
    I request you to provide us the order number and serial number of your Adam so that I can escalate your case to our RMA team.

We look forward to your reply.

Warm Regards
    Jim
    Notion Ink Support Team

Me:
    my order number is NIO5****** and the serial number is h83pn**********

Them:
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for getting back to us with the requested information.

I have personally check your case with out RMA team. They advised me to request you a video which explains the issue.

So, please provide us the video so that I can escalate your case to our RMA team at the earliest. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Your continued patience and understanding is truly appreciated.

Me:
    I sent another email with a shorter video, hopefully this one isn't over the size limit.
    I have gone above and beyond with your company. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I was in a car accident. Also, it seemed insane that I had to give you a video of YOUR defective product. I expect you to provide me either a complete refund or a product that can deliver what you originally promised. I don't think it's within the power of your company to do that, so I'm hopefull my money will be refunded. Thank you.
    Last edited by indycross; 09-17-2011 at 02:54 PM.

First Post
    Thanks
    best of luck to you on getting support. I just got my Adam back after over two month of it being fixed (cracked screen). expect many days on end with no replies and then after you get a notice it is fixed expect 4 more weeks to see it. this company will be gone a no time if they can't find a way to handle customer service in a fashion the US consumers are used too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to co_alpine For This Useful Post:

indycross (09-17-2011)

Thanks
    I'm holding out hope they'll just refund my money. It's not going to happen, is it.

Thanks
    Also contact your credit card company ASAP and explain what is happening... see what they advise.
    indycross likes this.
    Nexus One (still my favorite mini-tablet), Adam PixelQi+3g (gone to a new home)... HTC Sensation (waiting for CM7), Nook Touch, LG g-slate

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Trovatrice For This Useful Post:

indycross (09-19-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by indycross View Post
    So, it's really poor quality, but here's the video of my notion ink adam dying (round 4:27). The opening is me showing that it's fully charged and everything is within limits. Then I'm just fooling around until it quits on me. I made this video because, after I explained to Notion Ink what was going on they asked me to send them a video of the adam malfunctioning. I've purchased a lot of electronics and I've had a few bail on me, but I've never had a company ask me to send them a video of it failing. That's excessive, right?
    http://www.facebook.com/v/560113781980
    They do this to everyone and I suspect its to avoid people having to ship there back and wait for ever and to avoid shipping charges if at all possible. I had a complaint about my screen bleeding and they asked me to do the same exact thing and im friends with them. Just their policy and a taboo one at that but they mean no harm or disrespect.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zerofeel For This Useful Post:

indycross (09-19-2011)

Regular
    Thanks
    Did you actually follow instructions to 'condition' battery and flash as suggested wasn't clear from your messages. Sure it's hardware but should do as advised anyway just in case.
    Adam PQi WiFi - EdenX 2.7.0

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zerofeel View Post
    They do this to everyone and I suspect its to avoid people having to ship there back and wait for ever and to avoid shipping charges if at all possible. I had a complaint about my screen bleeding and they asked me to do the same exact thing and im friends with them. Just their policy and a taboo one at that but they mean no harm or disrespect.

I sure did. Followed their instructions to a T, mostly out of spite, but I did it.

On another note, I really hope I'm reading these emails incorrectly. Did I get an email saying that because I request a refund they decided to just not help me any more????

Them:
    Dear Sir,

Greetings from Notion Ink Support Team!

We would like to inform you that your Adam has been approved for Warranty Service by our RMA Team. We request you to read through and acknowledge our warranty service policy by clicking the link below.

Warranty Policy

Please let us know if you wish to proceed with the Warranty Service.

Warm regards,

Jim
    Notion Ink Support Team

Me:
    I would like a refund. At this time there are too many issues with your company, your customer service, and with the adam to believe a new product will suffice. Also, I cannot tell you if I agree with the warranty policy as the link is not functional.

Them:
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I have attached the our policy as an attachment for you. I request you to acknowledge it so that we can assist you further.

I'm afraid as you have expressed your intentions to return your Adam, I regret to inform you, we will not be able to process your request. According our policy, in case you wish to return your product, you will have to contact us within 7 days of delivery of the device to you.

I sincerly apologies and request you to let me know the issues you are facing and I assure you that the issue will be addressed and fixed quickly.

Warm Regards
    Jim
    Notion Ink Support Team

Me:
    My adam didn't fail within seven days, it was after only six months of normal usage. If you want to try and fix it, that's fine, but do you really think it's reasonable to expect your product to only work for 6 months? Can you honestly tell me that you know you are doing the right thing here? If you think you can fix it and get it back to me so that it's doing everything you said it would, fine. But you look into your own conscience and tell me that you feel good about what you're doing. That if someone treated you like this, you would be ok with that. That if someone was dealing with your father like this, you would feel good about that company?
    You know you're letting us down. After all the time I was delayed in getting the order (3 months), after all the trickery from your company (photoshopping the bezel on your order page, etc), you have the chance to do something right. If you think fixing it is the right thing, ok. But you know, and I know, that your company mislead me as a consumer. You still have a chance to practice good business, I hope you take it. If you only want to repair it, I will settle for that because I have to.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zerofeel View Post

I guess that makes me feel a little bit better, but this brutal. I know I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but I am. I really, really am.

Thanks
    General update:
    Notion Ink has allowed me to send it back for repairs but, (naturally) they were "unable" to refund my money. The kicker is how they "required" me to return my Adam within 5 days of receiving their email approving me for RMA. HA! After my order was delayed three months, they have the gall to put a time limit on me? I just hope the thing gets destroyed in transit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads