Thread: Waterproof Case

Thanks

Waterproof Case

Amazon wouldnt ship TrendyDigitals waterproof case to Sweden and i had problems with confirmed adress at PayPal when trying to order directly from TrendyDigital.

Found "Aquapac Large Whanganui" and had it delivered yesterday from friluft.se

The case seems high quality and have 4 extra holes for securing the Adam anywhere. It also comes with a solid clip on carrying belt.

Adam + Pixel qi + 3g + waterproof case + Navionics or SEA88 = Awsome plotter for sailing

Thanks

Thanks
    Yepp thats the one Zerobrain
    After using it for a while in the Aquapac i only have one issue. The power-button is not so accessable through the thick soft aquapac-skin. It takes a bit of effort to put the Adam out of sleep or turn on / off.
    Its not a huge issue but is more of a annoyance wich i suppose would come with any waterproof case, it could be solved by a hardware mod with an external powerswitch though.

BTW the touchscreen works like a spell through the Aquapac!

BR
    Lerom

First Post
    Thanks
    Hi there, how can you install the navionics app on the adam???? Tried it many times, but there´s always the message "unknown device" or "not supported" or something similar if i try to buy and download it. So how can i manage this?

Thanks a lot. Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerom View Post
    Yepp thats the one Zerobrain
    After using it for a while in the Aquapac i only have one issue. The power-button is not so accessable through the thick soft aquapac-skin. It takes a bit of effort to put the Adam out of sleep or turn on / off.
    Its not a huge issue but is more of a annoyance wich i suppose would come with any waterproof case, it could be solved by a hardware mod with an external powerswitch though.

BTW the touchscreen works like a spell through the Aquapac!

BR
    Lerom
    Have you tried using the back button on the right hand edge (between the headset jack and the USB port)? If you set the screen timeout to a reasonably short period, you can wake it back up with the button. It's not a perfect solution, but it works, without having to open the case in a wet/sandy environment.
    Nexus One (still my favorite mini-tablet), Adam PixelQi+3g (gone to a new home)... HTC Sensation (waiting for CM7), Nook Touch, LG g-slate

Thanks

Navionics

Quote Originally Posted by gps-joe View Post
    Hi there, how can you install the navionics app on the adam???? Tried it many times, but there´s always the message "unknown device" or "not supported" or something similar if i try to buy and download it. So how can i manage this?

Thanks a lot. Joe
    Hi,
    I had some problems like that long time ago dont remember exactly how i did it but it works. First ofc you need access to market then if im not mistaken i did a wierd trick ppl mention from time to time in android forums (try search on "app dont show up on market
    " or "reset android market") where you stop and reset the market app.

I cant think of anything else ive done.. I initially bought Navionics on my X10 then used same account on my Adam to download it.. dont know if that helps..

Hope you can get it sored..

BR
    Lerom

Thanks
    Thats a great idea Trovatrice, thx!

/Lerom

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks, I miss this place and the people here. Wish my life could go back to being normal, but there are not a lot of people with the skills and heart to be a cyber warrior and take on a company like kb home. I was really, really disappointed in the specs of that tablet from NI. It may not have sold like an ipad but the nerds would have loved it and a niche market can be a great market. Could have used it for education as well.

Send me a donation and I will put it towards our community. Your donations buy us software, hardware, bandwidth, devices, and help us fund bounties & contests.

Remove Ads