Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My Adam laptop computer

Resident
    Thanks
    Hope you guys find it useful. I should have noted two things though -- 1. the left clasp nicely covers the volume control buttons. 2. If you're not running Honeycomb, the special keys on the keyboard don't work (and even if you are running HC, VNC viewer needs a patch to get those keys right).

Resident
    Thanks
    I've got the case now, and here are first impressions:

* The side clasps have been lowered in my piece. Now the left USB port is covered, while volume controls are fully exposed.
    * The adam's girth at the top makes closing the magnetic clasp impossibe. it will require a surgical extension.
    * It is not a laptop in the true sense. The back support works only if you put it on a table. On your lap or tummy, you need to hold the upper flap with the adam with one hand so that the one with the keyboard doesn't fold up. Still, it is almost good enough on a flat surface if you ignore the screen's poor viewing angles.
    * The keyboard looks slick, but the cord is a bit too short and flimsy. Its oversized usb plug requires effort to plug in, and it has to be kept plugged in if you want to fold the case closed.
    * The 'pen' is a plastic resistive stylus. It won't work with the Adam.
    * the whole contraption gets a tad too heavy.

It is a good buy if you can live with the above. I got it by aírmail yesterday, but had to collect from PO today as I hádn't left any photo ID at home. There was no extra customs duty, but I con't know if I'll get a demand later. The value declared by the shippers was $10.

Thanks
    Got mine also. Although, my experience is slightly different than Dunes.

- My side clasps are covering the volume control on the left and the "back" button on the right.
    - Mine closes, despite the girth at the top, but barely.
    - the kickstand works only on the table as Dune said, but my problem with it is that it is pretty flimsily made. The cardboard inside it is already showing signs of fatigue. I'm thinking of inserting a flat piece of metal (made from a metal ruler) into it for stability.
    - I removed the pen and tossed it.

I can't believe how fast it arrived to South Carolina, USA. (Arrived through DHL)

Overall I can put up with all the shortcomings of it, and really like the clean streamlined look. Will likely use it when at the office, but switch to the Solo zipped cover for traveling:

http://www.amazon.com/SOLO-Collectio.../dp/B004FLL8II

We discussed it in the following thread:

http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthr...eeves-for-Adam
    glenns likes this.

Thanks
    I've found that purely in your lap it doesn't work well, but if you open the kickstand and place the open part of the kickstand over your knee, it holds quite well.

Thanks
    Nice, I bought this case off Ebay a couple months ago. Modified the metal holders a little bit and it works great!

Resident
    Thanks
    Dune - your case seems very different from mine. Dune and JMag - the strap folds very comfortably with my case and the magnetic clasp stays in place. Also I can close it with the USB unplugged and kept in the spine. I suppose this is a handmade product and there is variation -- or else there have been complaints about other, thinner tablets not being held snugly.

Regarding keeping it on your lap, I am considering adding a velcro strap diagonally on the side to keep it in place when it's not on a table. But when I'm working I'm usually at the table, and when I'm gaming/surfing I just take it out of the case

Resident
    Thanks
    Hi, I've noticed that the tablet, including the screen, tends to get quite hot after a few hours' usage in the case.

It would be a good idea to pull it out once in a while and let it cool off through ventilation.

Resident
    Thanks
    Hm, I've not noticed it -- I've been using it for a couple of hours now, and screen seems fine (don't know about back of the adam, but back of the case is normal).

This is with wifi off, 3G on, backlight at minimum. I have previously noticed that wifi tethering (regardless of case) makes the back really hot. It is a pleasant day in Chennai, indoors, no AC.

Resident
    Thanks
    Pulling it out cooled it a little bit, and the screen is only slightly warm near the bottom now. You can't feel the temperature through the case.

Thanks
    I got mine in and yes the volume button is covered and the back button. I really like the setup. I mean yes the adam doesnt fit exactly but it is nice on a flat surface with the kickstand.
    Mike
    Notion Ink LCD WiFi/3G adam - For Sale if interested

Please help me stay married, Novo 7 Super IPS Screen (Purchase for review)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads