Thread: AC100 - complete wipe, back to the factory and reset to original 2.1 rom

Thanks

AC100 - complete wipe, back to the factory and reset to original 2.1 rom

Hi there!
    I'm very sorry, that my first post here is a call for help, but I can't figure it out by myself.
    I've just bought an used AC100. I'm very pleased with the hardware, but previous owner left me some nasty surprise inside, a modified 2.2 rom without recovery and functioning factory reset (it just ends up exactly the same). Since I don't want to brick device and I'm aiming to install ICS, I need to get back to stock rom. I've searched google thoroughly, visited toshiba site and came up with nothing.
    How to reflash original 2.1 rom? Where to get it? I've got (I suppose) complete box, but there is no support disk (heck, I don't even own optical drive to begin with, even if there were one), and Toshiba support doesn't provide any downloads or (heh) support. My AC100 is AC100-10D, a 16GB one WiFi only. Please, help!

Ond
    Thanks
    if u want factory reset just try to hold HOME key and power on your device and follow simple steps... but oficial rom isn't necesarry to flash ICS, look at description in this video: Toshiba AC100 - Android 4.0.4 (CZ) beta 3 + návod - YouTube it is in CZE language, but i thin think google translate can help

Thanks
    Thank you for suggestions!
    That's the problem here! Somehow, recovery is b0rked, so when I try to do it, it just boots normally and nothing happens - still all the settings and apps are there. Including previous owner's mail account. And there is no 'accounts and sync' option in settings, so I cannot change anything. I've used AnyCut to forge shortcut to 'Accounts and sync', but when activated, screen goes dark (just like TDR in Windows Vista/7), video driver resets and OS crawls back at desktop, so I essentially have to reboot it to get normal usability back. Soooooo I have to flash something working instead. Original ROM seems to be good for starters.
    Thank you for pointing me this video. Oh, it will take some time to download all the stuff listed there. My sister speaks Czech a little, and she is better responding than google translate (but pricier - requires a cookie per minute!), so I got it all now.
    In the meantime I've learned about AC100 Toolkit. I've managed to get it from torrent, as original site is dead, and I'm in the middle of installing ubuntu on my spare machine, so I'll try to get it to factory state first.
    So now I have two options. Will report later.
    Thank you!

Ond
    Thanks
    If there is no working recovery, u must flash it again, if u DL v4b or similar FW, no CWM needed, only CTRL+esc+power and after than u can flash new recovery... if not, i cant help u :-(

Thanks
    Oooh, long weekend, didn't have much time to play with Tossie.
    In the link you gave me there was working 2.2 image, so I'm working now on freshly-configured rom, that's kinda broken anyways (failes to decode flash, freezes a lot and Toshiba home sucks more than Paris Hilton), but at least works.
    However I failed to install the zombieh 3.0 and 3.1, after installing the OS image and gapps, I'm told to do another reboot, and machine never boots. I can't even get back to recovery - I have to flash both bootloader and recovery again to be able to enter it. Sooooo, I declare: failed.
    AC100Toolkit is still a mystery for me, it enters 'waiting for reinitialization' loop and I cannot do anything with it. No idea, why, tho.

...help?

On a sidenote: according to this wiki: http://ac100.grandou.net/models, I had to add my model to the list. I have 16GB model with BT and without 3G. Which images I'm supposed to use: from 116 or from 117? I remember reading somewhere, that 8GB and 32GB images are incompatible with each other.

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatharian View Post

On a sidenote: according to this wiki: http://ac100.grandou.net/models, I had to add my model to the list. I have 16GB model with BT and without 3G. Which images I'm supposed to use: from 116 or from 117? I remember reading somewhere, that 8GB and 32GB images are incompatible with each other.
    AFAIR 117 is with BT and without 3G. If you compare images (filesize) for 116 and 117, should be the same. Only size of 14th partition (which is not in the repository, because it is "user data partition") differs.

Thanks
    Then it's ok. I think my basic question about wiping the data has been answered and this is discussion for another thread.

Thank you for your kind help and links!

EDIT: Oh. My. God.
    Thanks to this site: http://tosh-ac100.wetpaint.com/page/Backup+and+Restore, I've managed to dump complete partition table. It seems, that previous owner did something awful and repartitioned the machine, changing both sequence (in form of removing SOS partition and leaving free space between other partitions) and number of partitions. He apparently tried to have BOTH 2.2 and 4.0, in addition to linux! Of course that failed attempt. I still wonder how the AC100 managed to boot at all.

Knowing that, I did complete wipe and rebuild of partitions, and much to my joy, reflashed vanilla 2.1, from AC100 Tools. Using Windows' nvflash.exe, that is. Under linux it proved to be impossible - nvflash hangs after downloading bootloader. Still while rewriting partitions, I had to power-cycle my AC100 each time nvflash finished downloading partition, but it was manageable.
    And then, recovery, zip flash and ICS 4.0.4 from CM9 3.1 beta. So I have much desired ICS, full 13 GB instead of just 9.5, working BT, booting up works instantly and the most precious one: knowledge.
    I've learned alot, and exploited my czech-speaking, cookie-fueled sister to her sanity limits, but it works now!

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Vatharian; 09-27-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Remove Ads