Thread: How to flash a rom on the AC100?

First Post
    Thanks

How to flash a rom on the AC100?

Sorry for asking a dumb question but I have never flashed a rom before. I have a new AC100 - U.

How do I install the latest Honeycomb rom? A step by step guide for using Windows 7 to flash would be very grateful.

Regular
    Thanks
    1. Download 3.0 archive
    2. Unpack it
    3. Open cmd window
    4. Connect ac100 to pc
    5. Start ac100 in "developer mode" (Ctrl+Esc and Power)
    6. Run backup.cmd
    7. Turn ac100 off
    8. Start ac100 in "developer mode"
    9. Run flash.cmd
    10. Restart ac100
    11. Enjoy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarQsz View Post
    1. Download 3.0 archive
    2. Unpack it
    3. Open cmd window
    4. Connect ac100 to pc
    5. Start ac100 in "developer mode" (Ctrl+Esc and Power)
    6. Run backup.cmd
    7. Turn ac100 off
    8. Start ac100 in "developer mode"
    9. Run flash.cmd
    10. Restart ac100
    11. Enjoy
    that is WAY too vague mate... after trying to follow your steps, and a few hours of fiddling around lol I got this complete newbie's guide (running on WinXP with a 32bit processor BTW):
    1. Download 3.0 archive
    2. Unpack it
    3. Make sure your ac100 is turned OFF completely (no sleep mode)
    3. Connect ac100 to pc
    5. Start ac100 in "developer mode" (Ctrl+Esc and Power)... your screen will remain black but you will know it's on because of the light-up power LED
    6. Windows will ask you to install APX driver... when it asks where to search, point it to "usbpcdriver" inside the 3.0 archive you've just dloaded. Reboot your pc once the driver is installed, sometimes there might be problems if you don't (unplug the USB cable from your ac100 and replug once the pc is fully restarted to be on the safe side)
    6.5 If you f***d up the first time you tried to install the APX driver (and if you're a noob like me then you probably did ), go to control panel - device manager (on your pc) and look for a yellow exclamation mark and APX driver, choose "reinstall driver" and point to "usbpcdriver" like in 6. (took me HOURS to figure this out!!).
    7. Go to your 3.0 archive (on your pc) and click on backup.cmd (typing "backup.cmd" in the cmd window won't work!!)
    8. Follow instructions on your pc screen (if it says "connection failed nverror 0x30008" then you driver is not installed properly on your pc, go back to step 6.5!)
    9. Turn ac100 off (by holding the power-off button for a few secs untill the power-LED is off)
    10. Start ac100 in "developer mode" again
    11. Go back to your 3.0 archive on your pc and click on flash.cmd
    12. Follow instructions on your pc screen, again, if you get a connection failed message then it's NOT working!!
    13. Restart ac100
    14. Enjoy... if you speak Russian... otherwise you have to change the language to English or something else. There's probably an easier way to do this but personally after fiddling a bit with a completely unrecognizable language, I found out that if you press on the + sign on the top right of the homescreen and select "add shortcuts", then select input method and then go back to the homescreen and click on the newly-added shortcut... PHEW now it finally works

PS The sleep mode delay is VERY short (I think only 1min?) so it will probably go into sleep mode while you're trying to find out how to change the language. Contrary to my stock Android 2.0, you do NOT have to push on the power-on button to resume but on a random key on your keyboard (this also leads to MANY frustrations when you're trying to work out your way out in an unkown language lol)
    Last edited by lemmiwinks; 01-27-2012 at 11:45 AM.

First Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinks View Post
    that is WAY too vague mate... after trying to follow your steps, and a few hours of fiddling around lol I got this complete newbie's guide (running on WinXP with a 32bit processor BTW):
    1. Download 3.0 archive
    2. Unpack it
    3. Make sure your ac100 is turned OFF completely (no sleep mode)
    3. Connect ac100 to pc
    5. Start ac100 in "developer mode" (Ctrl+Esc and Power)... your screen will remain black but you will know it's on because of the light-up power LED
    6. Windows will ask you to install APX driver... when it asks where to search, point it to "usbpcdriver" inside the 3.0 archive you've just dloaded. Reboot your pc once the driver is installed, sometimes there might be problems if you don't (unplug the USB cable from your ac100 and replug once the pc is fully restarted to be on the safe side)
    6.5 If you f***d up the first time you tried to install the APX driver (and if you're a noob like me then you probably did ), go to control panel - device manager (on your pc) and look for a yellow exclamation mark and APX driver, choose "reinstall driver" and point to "usbpcdriver" like in 6. (took me HOURS to figure this out!!).
    7. Go to your 3.0 archive (on your pc) and click on backup.cmd (typing "backup.cmd" in the cmd window won't work!!)
    8. Follow instructions on your pc screen (if it says "connection failed nverror 0x30008" then you driver is not installed properly on your pc, go back to step 6.5!)
    9. Turn ac100 off (by holding the power-off button for a few secs untill the power-LED is off)
    10. Start ac100 in "developer mode" again
    11. Go back to your 3.0 archive on your pc and click on flash.cmd
    12. Follow instructions on your pc screen, again, if you get a connection failed message then it's NOT working!!
    13. Restart ac100
    14. Enjoy... if you speak Russian... otherwise you have to change the language to English or something else. There's probably an easier way to do this but personally after fiddling a bit with a completely unrecognizable language, I found out that if you press on the + sign on the top right of the homescreen and select "add shortcuts", then select input method and then go back to the homescreen and click on the newly-added shortcut... PHEW now it finally works

PS The sleep mode delay is VERY short (I think only 1min?) so it will probably go into sleep mode while you're trying to find out how to change the language. Contrary to my stock Android 2.0, you do NOT have to push on the power-on button to resume but on a random key on your keyboard (this also leads to MANY frustrations when you're trying to work out your way out in an unkown language lol)

I've done this but my device doesnt boot up...
    jus get a blank screen
    driversa re installed perfectly dunno whats wrong
    but can restore to 2.1 using the smae tool...
    PLz help

First Post
    Thanks
    Just joined to say thanks to Lemmiwinks. I followed your instructions to flash Silver's 2.2 v4b version of Froyo ROM and it worked perfectly for my Spanish version of the AC100-10G. Couldn't get any help from Toshiba support to upgrade the OS from Android 2.1, so I took the plunge and downloaded the package from the russian website (refer Lemmiwinks post in How to get Google Play (Market) and do other tweaks ac100 running on 2.2?). Unpacked the .7z file with winRAR and executed the 116 bat file. All worked perfectly the first time and the AC100 is now running better than ever. I have not found any bugs as yet. So thanks once again.

Thanks
    i have followed the instruction to the last dot but i can not get Ac100 to downgrade i want to reinstall the 2.1 how can i do that?
    thank u

Remove Ads