Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: aComb100 v0.5 Honeycomb 3.0.1 Review & installation Android 3.0 on Toshiba AC100

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarQsz View Post
    Are you sure MultiplayIME is set up properly? It requires not only starting in Settings, but also you need to define main and additional language in MultiplayIME. I suggest to play a little with it.
    I've tried several things, but even the keyboard layout in general is all messed up (not only the alpabets)
    I'm also a very dumb person.

Also, how come some programs are in russian, for example root explorer? :O

--
    Edit:\ No go. The keyboard layout won't change, no matter what I do.
    This whole thing is driving me INSANE. It's kinda sad because I prefer 3.0 over 2.2 anyday. - All programs work, it's fast, good looking and everything, but the god damn keyboard
    I need step-by-step tutorial or something. Argh.
    Last edited by Arto_H; 12-26-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Regular
    Thanks
    Hello,

I'll try to reproduce my steps.

1. Go to settings and set language other than Eng/US. I set Eng/UK
    2. The some screen, tick (activate) Multiplay IME. Confirm "Attention" request.
    3. The some screen, go to Multiplay IME settings
    4. Go to Default Keyboard-IME and choose your preferred language. I assume Finish (Finland)
    5. Go to Dnabled Keyboard-IME and choose other usable language. I set English/UK
    6. Exit.

With Alt+Shift (or in modified version MultiplayIME left ctrl+Shift) you can switch between keyboards. To avoid this switching you may set both keyboards to your favorite.

I set keyb to Finnish and =" =: =[

To change size of letters you may use "Spare Parts". I dont't know ii it is installed by default.
    Hope it helps, I am still on 2.2v4b due to lack of hardware support in movies.

Happy New Year from Poland
    Marek

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MarQsz For This Useful Post:

Arto_H (12-27-2011)

Thanks
    Thanks for the fast reply, good sir.
    However, I found 2.2v4b by accident and it's god damn smooth. Everything works. Even better than in 3.0.
    Oh and happy new year from Finland ^^

I'm planning to install Ubuntu, but I have to downgrade to 2.1 and stuff... Ubuntu seems to be a somewhat better solution to me. Better support for various programs etc.
    Even tho I do like using android in my AC100 I think it's better OS for touchscreen anyway.

Thanks
    as I'm newbie on this forum, I'd like to say hello to other AC100 users ... and I'd like to share also my thoughts about aComb100 - I appreciate the work that all the developers put into it - You really did a great job.

After playing for some time with aComb100 I don't see any reason to move from A2.2v04b to A3.0.1 ... This was my first impression after first approach to any Honeycomb release ever ...

A3.0.1 (based on v0.4 & v0.5RC1) seems to be slower, has more complicated interface thanks to Google developers and as far as I check do not support HW decoding in MX Player - the last issue caused my comeback to A2.2v04b ...

Maybe is there any possibility to make aComb100 as light as A2.2 ?

Regular
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyt0n View Post
    A3.0.1 (based on v0.4 & v0.5RC1) seems to be slower, has more complicated interface thanks to Google developers and as far as I check do not support HW decoding in MX Player - the last issue caused my comeback to A2.2v04b ...

Maybe is there any possibility to make aComb100 as light as A2.2 ?
    Thank you for sharing your observation. For me 3.01 interface is clean. And - especially browser, Gmail, looks better and is more functional. According to speed, it is almost the same. I checked running processes, there was nothing special there. And battery life - as described here - more than acceptable.
    For me issue to make me come back to 2.2v4b beside lack of HW video support, was WiFi instability and difficulties after sleep.
    I asked myself, why I can not live with 2.2? Of course I was not able to run gmail 3.01 binary on 2.2. But K-9mail is nice too And to have the same screen capability as in 3.01 I changed 2.2v4b DPI to 120. And I am using now launcher capable to display 9x9 grid. (LauncherPro, ADW). My 2.2 is better now.

Thanks
    For me issue to make me come back to 2.2v4b beside lack of HW video support, was WiFi instability and difficulties after sleep.
    In my case after installing aComb100 0.5RC1 for the first time I had some problems with my AP connection - it was found, stored but later my AP was showed as not available although AP was turned on and working ... later I reloaded 0.5RC1 again and I checked also 0.4 - the error could be replicated ...
    in my case for Wifi instability helped the change of AP (Dlink Dir-615 with DDWRT to TP-Link TL-WR1043N).

And for the design - actually I've been working with A2.2 for over a half year (on AC100 and on my phone) and maybe that's why I got used to it's cleaness and simplicity ... Android is for me just an launcher of software - it doesn't have to look good - it has to work fast and has no lags

btw. have You read my yesterday's private message to You?

Regular
    Thanks
    Now I did. Check your mailbox

Thanks
    Thank you for sharing your observation. For me 3.01 interface is clean. And - especially browser, Gmail, looks better and is more functional. According to speed, it is almost the same. I checked running processes, there was nothing special there. And battery life - as described here - more than acceptable.
    Same here.
    Slower than 2.2v4b, but the interface is clean and more usable for a laptop imho.

Lack of H/W video support, WIFI instability and sleep problem are the worst troubles.
    But I can't leave this release because I need skype videochat.
    I hope the release will be better in next version.

Thanks
    Hi,
    I wish for all people HNY 2012, and usable ACOMB finally

Thanks
    Hi,

i just installed this release on my AC100-10D, and i fou nd some issue.
    FIrst of all the video, it doesn't work on skype, i can see the incoming video but not mine
    i can't found @ and other symbol on my keyboard, how can i set to use the italian loyaut? i already setup the italian language on setting menu.
    sometime the wifi doesn't work after resume and i have to reboot.

Thank's to all

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads